the right forklift for your company’s needs, you need to know about the various types of lifts that are on the market. Lift South in Rock Hill, SC wants to give you the basics on the different types of forklifts so you can find the best one for your business, then help you find a new or used forklift for sale:
- Counterbalance – . can lift and move most heavy loads large items with ease.
- Three-Wheel Counterbalance – Most counterbalance forklifts have four wheels, which makes them bulky. Three-wheel counterbalance forklifts are designed for easy maneuvering through narrow aisles.
- Sideloaders – Also designed to fit into smaller aisles, sideloaders are perfect for businesses who have long, wide loads.
- Pump Trucks – An older version of most forklifts used today, these forklifts use little to no electricity and require manual pumping labor to lift the forks. These are mostly used for smaller, lighter loads.
- Powered Pallet Trucks – A modern version of the pump truck, powered pallet trucks use electricity to pump the forks. Like pump trucks, powered pallet trucks are most often used to lift moderately heavy or smaller items.
- Teletrucks – Like a crane, these forklifts are designed to lift objects at higher heights than the average forklift. If you need extra height that a standard lift cannot offer, this might be what you need.
- Reach Trucks – Reach trucks also have extensive lift height and are ideal for large facilities with tall storage shelves. These forklifts come in numerous sizes depending on the load size and weight tolerance you need.
Find a new or used forklift for sale by calling Lift South in Rock Hill, SC. We serve Charlotte’s material handling needs with material handling equipment rental and sales.